RE@Home: Oct. 12 — Emptiness
Each week our “Home Groups” examine the congregation’s theme of the month through a particular lens. This week we will be talking about sadness.
Take some time at home this week to talk with your kids about some of our focus questions:
• “If you were empty, what would you put inside you?”
• “What is something you’d like to empty out of yourself?”
• “What about the idea of emptiness is religious?”
• “Why is this something we’d talk about in church?”
• “What is something in your life that if it was taken away, it would make you feel empty?”
• “We sometimes talk about feeling empty after someone we love dies. Have you ever lost someone you loved?” “Did you feel empty or something else?” “Did the feeling of emptiness ever change? Why or why not do you think?”
One of our activities will be the story “It Could Be Worse” Find it online here.